We want you to feel connected at GraceWorks Church! That happens as you get to know the people and the staff at the church but, beyond that, it happens as you find your place to serve the Lord and make a difference in the lives of others. We have many ministries in the church that exist to serve those who attend our church, but they also provide ways in which you can be a part of serving others. Please contact the church at 423.648.9125 or e-mail us using our Contact form, if you would like additional information about any of these ministries. These important ministries include:
Preschool: Assist preschool director in nursery with set-up, teaching, and care for preschoolers.
Children: Assist Student Director with classes, children’s worship, youth trips, retreats, and studies.
Adult: Assist Adult Director with events, fellowships, studies, trips for Adults.
Audio-Visual: Work with Pastors to provide audio/video assistance for worship events.
Communion/Baptism: Assist in preparation for and observance of communion and baptisms.
Decoration: Plan & set up seasonal decorations for worship center, foyer & hallways.
Discipleship: Work with individuals in discipleship training.
Facilities Management: Work with Building & Grounds Trustees to supervise, evaluate buildings and grounds and assist in set-up/take-down for events and services.
Grief Encouragement: Assist in planning meals for families following funeral service and maintaining contact with families.
Hospital Visitation: Visit members and relatives in the hospital.
Hospitality: Prepare and/or serve coffee and refreshments for Sunday morning worshippers. Coordinate church dinners and events
In-Home Ministry: Visit and minister to homebound senior adults and attend organized events in local retirement centers.
Missions: Plan, organize, and implement mission events and disaster relief.
Office: Provide volunteer assistance as needed.
Prayer: Engage in on-going intercessory ministry of prayer for individuals within our church and community. Enlist persons to give Invocation on Sunday mornings.
Security: Provide security for building and parking lot during worship services and other events.
Transportation: Drive (Assist Driver) on a rotation for pick-up and delivery of individuals needing transportation to worship gatherings.
Ushers: Provide assistance in seating worshippers. Assist in receiving offerings during worship service.
Welcome: Greet worshippers and distribute worship bulletins.
- GraceWorks Church is committed to being a part of reaching a lost world for Christ and reflects the wording of Jesus’ command in Acts 1:8: "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
- Specializing in short-term projects that empower believers to action, volunteerism, leadership, full-time service, and life-long passion for advancing God’s Kingdom through local and international outreach, we follow faith-based teachings that tell us to provide compassionate assistance to those in need. We are compelled by the need around us to feed the hungry, and shelter the homeless, provide spiritual support to the emotionally weak, heal the sick..., and to ultimately teach them the skills necessary to reach and sustain self-sufficiency.
- Our Worship Ministry at GraceWorks is very diverse, ranging from classically influenced musicians and leaders for our traditional styles of worship, to musicians with a background of alternative, folk, indie, and americana stylings. Our Worship Ministry is more than music, but rather all who lead our worship gatherings. This includes sound engineering, visual media, preaching/teaching, pastoral care, prayer teams, and of course, all our musicians and worship leaders.
- Worship is an outward expression of an inward experience. When we express our love for God, He receives it as worship. His children worship Him in different ways, some are moved to expressions of joy, and emotions while other worship thru a more reflective style. We enjoy freedom of worship in our service so you are able to worship your Savior in the manner He leads you.
- Worship can be in private, individual or in a corporate setting. Here at GraceWorks Church we usually start our services with a praise style of song, with the use of a choral Call to Worship, followed by a time of welcome and then corporate chorus and hymn singing, with the flow moving from a praise to a worship feel. We usually have a final expression of worship either by the choir or a soloist. Our worship team’s goal is to prepare the congregation for the teaching of God’s word.
- We desire to have Jesus Christ be honored and praised in everything we sing. You will hear a blended style of music at our church that balances old hymns of the faith, southern gospel favorites, alongside some of today's new choral praise and worship songs.
- Our desire is that everyone is ministered to by some aspect of our praise and worship service.
- Forge Youth
- Our Forge Youth Ministry is a weekly gathering. We’re dedicated to providing a place for students Junior High through College to connect with God, with other students, and with older committed leaders that are dedicated to seeing students grow closer to Christ. We believe that you can't do life alone, and that our students are at a unique time of life where they can grasp the gospel and the impact of having the life of Jesus in their lives.
- Our Forge Youth Ministry is divided by age into three group; Junior High, Senior High, and College with each having a time of worship, prayer, and interactive lessons. Join the fun and experience a world where youth meets Jesus on their level!
- Junior High
- Junior High students join us as we present God's word to equip you with biblical tools and training to face the battles on your journey through "Life in Christ". We can't wait to watch what God has for you as your life unfold and bears witness to the work He is continually doing in you.
- Senior High
- Senior high students discover the story God has written for you. We believe each story is breathtaking when we encounter Jesus and His plan for our lives.
- College students are invited to learn, come, grow, and serve together enjoying the community that we all desire.
- Join a small group! We believe that you can't do life alone. We want to pair you with a group of guys or girls your same age/grade so that you can have people to talk with, pray with and simply "do life" with.
- Please keep checking our blog page, here! We'll be adding more and more content and encourage and look forward to your input in the comment section!
- GraceKids is uniquely designed for children newborn through 5th grade. We believe children are a blessing from God and we are passionate about creating an environment that is safe, age-appropriate and fun where the Bible is taught in a creative and relevant way allowing children to grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Our Children's Ministry is divided by age into three group; Nursery, Preschool and Elementary with each having a time of worship, prayer, and interactive lessons.
- Join the fun and experience a world where children meet Jesus on their level!
- The Nursery is geared toward children ages birth-24 months. During your child’s visit, they will be cared for both emotionally and physically by our nursery staff. Staff will change diapers, bottle feed, provide a snack, hold, rock and comfort your child throughout their stay. In addition, children will participate in free play followed by Circle Time, where they will be prayed over before ending the class with a simple children’s worship song. Preschool
- The Preschool is geared toward children ages 2-5. Preschool staff are committed to helping our little ones understand worship and encourage them to talk to God any time and any place. Staff will lead your children through a meaningful bible lesson, followed by an exciting activity or craft. Lessons are kept simple and fun, and focus on one of the following three foundational truths: God made me; God loves me; Jesus wants to be my friend forever. It is our hope that these truths take a firm hold of our children's hearts and are carried with them for the rest of their lives.
- Each weekend, your children are invited to participate in a safe, fun and purposeful time of worship and teaching to learn more about God. We are committed to helping your child grow in every aspect of their relationship with Jesus Christ and knowledge of His Word. Our staff have a passion for serving in children’s ministry and have a deep desire to see children know, love and serve Christ.
- Fellowship (Connection Groups)
- Engage in meaningful relationships by doing life together. Be a part of each others lives, fellowships, and be on mission together. It is in the context of these groups that genuine community and growth begins to happen.
- We believe you can't do life alone.
- Are you looking for a way to get connected to other people in our church? If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus and take next steps, you need people surrounding you to encourage you, challenge you, and be there for you. Connection Groups are a great opportunity for you to get connected to our church and take your relationship with God to the next level!
- Connection Groups are at the heart of community here at GraceWorks. Connection groups meet in homes, coffee shops, and various other places. Each Connection group is unique and individually decides when they are meeting, and what the agenda of their time together will be.
- What can I expect?
- Connection Groups are all about people taking next steps together. Some of our groups meet every week, some every other week. At each meeting you will have a leader that leads the discussion and offers up questions for the group to answer. The goal for all of your group meetings is to identify your next step and encourage each other in taking next steps.
- We offer groups for: Students, Men & Women, Married Couples, Coed, & College.
- Frequently asked questions
- How long do groups last? Every group is different, but most groups will meet for 4-6 consecutive weeks and take a break once they finish their current group study.
- When and where do groups meet? Groups meet in homes and meet at different times. We will help you find a group that is near you and works with your schedule.